Let's put on your helmet and take on your gloves, because we going to create a (racing) application with real insights from Micrometer. And the best part of it, you can use it in your own application too!
Let's create metrics (and visualise) so you can:
- watch the performance of your code (timers)
- improve visibility of important data (counters / gauges)
- make decisions based on priorities (exception handling)
- check your application quickly instead of looking into the logging (dashboarding)
- serve your customers quicker and before an incident happens (reacting)
At the end we will push the metrics to a database and show it in a dashboard like Grafana.
Are you ready to win this race?
Check-out the speakers material here: https://github.com/KoTurk/Micrometer/tree/master/WorkshopFest/CarRace